We offer COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test for patients with a suspected current COVID-19 infection and people travelling international.
- Test results in 15 -20 minutes
Who can benefit most from this test?
- Patients with a suspected current COVID-19 infection will benefit the most from this rapid test (i.e. someone who is displaying symptoms and has a potentially high viral load)
- People travelling international (make sure to check for the travel guidelines and requirements for your specific destination)
Why get tested from Intrinsic Analytics?
Intrinsic Analytics performs in-house laboratory validations on antigen test kits to understand limitations and make appropriate recommendations. In addition, all antigen test kits used at Intrinsic Analytics are approved for use by Health Canada.
FOR THOSE TRAVELING TO USA
As per the current travel guidelines, people travelling to the US are required to show a NEGATIVE Viral test. The types of viral tests that qualify include:
- Nucleic acid amplification tests – Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT PCR) test, Quantitative PCR test (qPCR), Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), Molecular test or molecular diagnostic test, Isothermal amplification, Droplet Digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR), Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR).
- Antigen tests – Rapid antigen test (as described above) or viral antigen test
Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test must be performed no more than 3 days / 72 hours before you travel by air to US.
NOTE: If you are going to USA and returning within 72 hours, you must have a RT-PCR test result to return. Therefore, we recommend getting our RT-PCR test prior to your departure so you may use it to exit and re-enter using the same test result.
In case you have recovered from COVID-19 infection recently, you will be asked to provide documentation of recovery (proof of recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
International Travel Recommendations Guidelines by CDC
Last Updated by CDC on May 19th, 2021
Receiving a negative result after being screened for COVID-19 should not indicate that the individual does not have nor will not develop symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus. After screening, it is imperative to remain vigilant with the public health measures that have been put into place to mitigate the potential spread of the virus. The screening tests are a snapshot of the current COVID-19 viral load (PCR) or current antibody status for COVID-19 (Antibody Test) at the time of collection. These tests should not be used to replace any of the current COVID-19 guidelines and public health measures. These screening tests should be used as an additional preventative measure.
If you wish to be around someone who is vulnerable and could be susceptible to contracting the COVID-19 infection, Intrinsic Analytics highly recommends to get our lab-based COVID-19 RT-PCR screening test. The COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test is not the Gold Standard for the detection of SARS CoV-2 virus, unlike the lab based COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
To Book an appointment or request information, please email us at email@example.com with subject: COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test or call us at 204-258-1500.